Welcome to the Chambersburg Fire Department Web Site
The Department provides a host of fire suppression, rescue, hazardous material incident response, emergency medical services, fire prevention and education, safety training and education, and code enforcement services.
The Department has personnel that will speak to groups of all ages on Fire Safety, Fire Department Operations, Emergency Medical Services, Bicycle Safety, Accident Prevention and a host of other related topics. For more information select the Fire Prevention link and/or contact the Emergency Services Chief's office at 717-261-3230.
Chambersburg Fire Department Mission
The Chambersburg Fire Department will deliver superior fire prevention/suppression and emergency medical service to protect the lives and property of the citizens that live, work or visit the Borough of Chambersburg. We will deliver those services utilizing a combination of paid and volunteer personnel.
Borough of Chambersburg Mission
The Borough of Chambersburg is a municipal government in south central Pennsylvania committed to the well being of those people who live, work, play and travel in the community. We strive to:
- Furnish such quality service as our citizens want and are willing to pay for.
- Manage our human, financial, and physical resources in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Treat our employees, citizens, and visitors with fairness, respect, and equality.
- Protect persons, property and quality of life.
- Operate in accordance with the laws and constitutions of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America.
- Make Chambersburg the model for Pennsylvania communities.